Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What do you usually bring home from a trip? :)

Though cash-strapped, I always make sure to bring my happiness from the trip back home. Coz in the end, if only I can bring everyone to travel with me! :)

If it's just a local trip, my number one choice of pasalubong (take-home treat) is anything edible. What is the place known for? Strawberries and peanut brittle are best-sellers in Baguio, so that's what I bought for my family the last time I went there.


Aside from food, I am fond of taking home a similar item from every place...and hope to build a collection. I bought the local Fashion Magazines from my trips in Hongkong and Cambodia. My family started collecting bells and magnets from the different locations we've been to. A Starbucks City Mug is also a cool souvenir! :-) 

Magnets from my family's own trips.

Bells and shot glasses are always requested by my mom when my siblings and I went on tours.

One of the interesting things I am thrilled with when going abroad is using a different currency. Although converting is a challenge, I find that using another money is like playtime or something--in short, it's cute! So lastly, money, even the smallest bill, is a nice keepsake too. =)



***
To my future travel buddy:


The best souvenir for me to remember a trip are the photos. 

So take loads of pictures. Bring multiple-cameras--one for each will fully document the trip! :D Don't hesitate to snapshot all scenes that come your way--even when I am not looking at your camera, or even when I am not smiling at all! Record random videos as well, coz nothing beats "in-action"! Photos, videos...They are always-always the best mementos to look back to when we want to remember all our good times! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the points you raised here! Sana we can travel din in the future sis, kahit somewhere in the country, like Cebu or Batanes :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sis for being my first "commenter" heehee! :) it's so hard to put up a blog coz you know that people wouldnt guarantee to read loooong entries! :) so thank you for your time!!! :) <3
    Yey I want that!!! :) Let's travel together soon sis!! :) :) Yun naeeroplano sa Pinas is fine with me tooo!! =)
    Btw, happy pre-trip with friends sis!!

    ReplyDelete

"In the end, the journey is the destination." -Whitey, OTH